Service Description: Library Collections Emergency Team (LCET)
The LCET is a group of full-time conservators and preservation librarians in Preservation Services in the Harvard Library. The team is on call 24 hours a day to provide advice and assistance during and in the immediate aftermath of emergencies that threaten or affect Harvard Library collections.
- 24-hour advisory assistance by cell phone (617) 240-2500 in emergencies involving library collections
- Direct assistance with response and salvage in cases involving more materials than can be recovered by the local library staff or other complicating factors
- Access to library-owned freeze-drying equipment (limited capacity is available)
- Recommendations for commercial disaster recovery services
- Coordination of services with University Operations Center
- Emergency preparedness, planning, and response information
- Training workshops
Request information and/or services
To request LCET assistance during an emergency, please call (617) 240-2500.
For general LCET information, please contact Priscilla Anderson, Senior Preservation Librarian, Weissman Preservation Center, Harvard Library, (617) 495-8596, or Lauren Telepak, Collections Conservator, Collections Care, Harvard Library, (617) 384-6749.
Harvard Emergency Response Procedures
- Broad Areas of Responsibility During Emergencies
- Recovery of Harvard Library Collections
- Managing Mold Contamination